High Plains Mental Health Center is looking for a Substance Use Disorder Therapist to provide individual, family, and group therapy in our Hays office. HPMHC is the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Center for Northwest Kansas providing behavioral health care services to patients throughout a 20-county catchment area. With a strong commitment to the well-being of both its clients and staff, HPMHC consistently exceeds national averages for employee satisfaction.
Candidates must be licensable in Kansas through the Behavioral Science Regulatory Board.
Job Qualifications :
Masters or doctoral degree with a Kansas BSRB license as a:
- Licensed Addiction Counselor or
- Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor or
- Master Addiction Counselor
As well as a Kansas BSRB license as a:
- Licensed Psychologist or
- Licensed Master Level Psychologist or
- Licensed Clinical Psychotherapist or
- Licensed Master Social Worker (clinical track) or
- Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker or
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor with a mental health training track or equivalent mental health experience.
- Provides psychotherapy and counseling to patients on an individual, marital, family, and/or group therapy basis.
- Completes timely clinical and administrative reports and documents.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records is beneficial.
- Willing to provide services via Tele-Video Conferencing.
- Other duties as assigned.
High Plains offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including Kansas Public Employees Retirement System enrollment, health, dental, and vision insurance, and 403b investment matching.
High Plains Mental Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, and if you meet the requirements as described above, we encourage you to apply. Applicants should possess a valid Kansas driver’s license and a good driving record with no alcohol related incidents within the last five years. Must also be able to successfully pass an intensive background check including KBI, SRS Child/Adult abuse check and a drug and alcohol screen.
Interested applicants should send their resume, transcript, three professional references (including your most recent supervisor) and a letter of interest to Gloria Mathis, Human Resources Manager, 208 E 7th Street, Hays, KS 67601 or email to
Applications accepted until position is filled.